Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Central Michigan University - Kelly / Shorts Stadium

This past weekend I spent a few days at Central working their High School camp and 1-day camp for recruits.  We sent 5 linemen up there for the week and 2 more players for the 1-day event.  The campus was nice and compact and the stadium perfectly situated on campus.  On Monday, I timed 40's with Butch Jones (HC) and OC and had the chance to meet and talk to many highly touted recruits for 2009 and 2010.  The turf was a great surface and the coaches were extremely inviting / inclusive.  We went out for drinks one night and I got to pick the brain of their coaches for 3 or 4 hours.  Talk about a great learning experience.  Anyway, I left a big fan of what they are doing and I liked the stadium for a MAC school.  They were the attendance leaders in the MAC this fall and have a top notch student section.  I look forward to taking in a game there this fall.

No comments: